DREAM IT! BELIEVE IT! LIVE IT!
How do I get to Carnegie Hall? Practice! Practice! Practice!-Saadi
The benefits of Orchestra:
Problem solving, self-discipline, team work, listening, coordination, memory, timing, critical thinking, social skills, concentration, culture, character and spatial reasoning.
The National Standards for Arts Education:
Students will continue to improve and build upon
1. Sing alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
2. Perform on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
3. Improvise melodies, variations and accompaniments.
4. Compose and arrange music with specific guidelines.
5. Read and notate music.
6. Listen to, analyze and describe music.
7. Evaluate music and music performance.
8. Understand relationships between music, the other arts and disciplines outside the arts.
9. Understand music in relation to history and culture.
10. Students will develop proper beginning string technique, posture, intonation and musicality.
Being a good musician requires commitment, hard work, practice, good technique and inspiration. With time and dedication you can become a good musician!
208-667-5996 ext 3449