Welcome to 4th Grade at Bryan!
Curriculum. . .
- Divide 1 digit divisor into 3 digit dividend
- Multiply by 2-digit multiplier
- Compute 24 multiplication facts in one minute
- Read, write, compare and order decimals
- Measure length to mm and nearest 1/8 inch
- Apply relationships within metric system
- Commutative properties of addition and multiplication
- Determine perimeters of triangles and area and perimeter of rectangles
- Identify, compare and describe polygons
- Predict and describe the results of flipping, sliding, and turning 2-D shapes
- Relationships among and properties of shapes
- Determine the average
- Extend patterns and identify rules that generate.
- Solar System
- Scientific Inquiry
- Native Americans
- Lewis and Clark
- Mountain Men
- Disease Prevention
- Conflict Resolution
- 6 Traits of Writing
- Three paragraph report tied to science or social studies
- Timed narrative compositions
- “ly” adverbs
- Simple subjects and predicates
- Word Wall words
- Individual lists
- Comprehension Strategies
- Viewing, Listening and Speaking Skills
Special Activities and Field Trips
- Valentine’s Day Skate Party
- Idaho History Field Trips
Reading Students are expected to read for a minimum of 30 minutes each night. In addition, each child will have an Accelerated Reader goal which s/he needs to reach each trimester. This independent reading time is essential for encouraging comprehension, vocabulary and a love for literature. If your child is having difficulty selecting a book, please ask one of the 4th grade teachers or Ms. LaVigne for assistance.
Basic Math FactsIt is critical that all students have their addition and subtraction facts mastered for both time and accuracy. If your son or daughter has not reached this goal yet, we strongly encourage practice, practice, practice! They should also have their multiplication table memorized.